Attention: The Nonthaburi Immigration office re-located in mid-2018. Other posts I found online are outdated, so I made this post to get the new information out there.
New Immigration Office Location (8/2018 – Present)
Address / Contact / Info / Hours
Address in Thai:
954 หมู่ที่ 1 ซอยร่วมมิตร ถนน นครอินทร์ ตำบล บางขนุน อำเภอ บางกรวย นนทบุรี 11130
Address in English:
954 หมู่ที่ 1 ซอยร่วมมิตร Nakhon In Rd, Tambon Bang Khanun, Amphoe Bang Kruai, Chang Wat Nonthaburi 11130
M-F 8:30am – 12noon, 1:00pm-4:30pm
What is a “Visa Extension?”
When you enter Thailand as a foreigner, you either enter with a visa or receive an entry stamp. Either way, you will have a “leave before” date stamped in your passport.
A visa extension allows you stay an additional 30 days before you must leave the country. You can only get one visa extension per entry.
How to apply:
To get an extension, you must visit a local immigration center and submit the following documents along with 1,900 baht. The process usually takes about 90 minutes.
You do not need to wait to the last second to apply. The extension will be for 30 days after the “leave by” date on your entry stamp, NOT the date you apply.
Required Documents Checklist
- Departure card
- Photocopies of important passport pages
- ID page
- visa page or entry stamp page
- One passport photo (4×6 cm)
- Fee: 1,900 baht
- Copy of lease
- Form TM.7 – “Application for extension of temporary stay in The Kingdom”
- Must be printed double-sided
- Form TM.30 – “Notification from house-master, owner or the possessor of the residence where alien has stayed”
- Filled out by owner of the place where you are staying
- This form they will accept double sided or as two sheets
- Copy of landlord’s Thai ID (with signature)
- Copy of landlord’s registration (proof they own your apartment)
- Copy of landlord’s registration (for their own house)
- I’m not sure why this is necessary, but every landlord I had provided this.
Note: Write name, signature, and Thai phone number on all pieces of paper you submit.
Example Documents (for reference)
Official Nonthaburi Immigration Office website:
Note: This website does NOT list all of the required documents for a visa extension. My list reflects what they actually require.
The most complete and detailed Thai visa guide I have found: